MERLIN BARTON WAX JACKET - BLACK
The Merlin Barton is based on the immensely popular Sandon jacket. Merlin put an already impressive wax cotton jacket under some serious scrutiny and tweaked it based on customer feedback. The result is one of the most versatile "modern retro" jackets we've seen so far. Constructed from original Halley Stevensons 8oz silkwax waxed cotton, the sturdy outer layer has water repellent properties but is backed up by a completely waterproof Reissa membrane. Underneath you'll find a 100g thermal liner. The Barton has vents on the chest and back, so on a hot summer's ride you can easily remove the liner and provide yourself with some very welcome airflow. The Barton is one of those precious jackets you can use all year round. The fit is much improved over the Sandon, with a slightly longer cut and a more refined fit on the arms and hem. It comes equipped with CE Level 1 armour in the shoulders and elbows and there is of course a pocket for an optional back protector.
- Short length jacket
- Black Halley Stevenson's 8oz waxed cotton
- Waterproof, breathable Reissa membrane
- 100g full body removable thermal liner
- CE Level 1 Safetech shoulder and elbow armour included
- Front and rear zipped ventilation slots
- Universal size back protector pocket (foam panel included)
- Merlin branded antique finish hardware used throughout
- YKK and Max zippers
- Variety of outer and inner pockets including handwarmer pockets
- Bicep, waist, hem, collar and cuff adjustment
- Trouser connection zip and belt loop
- Cross quilted shoulder overlay panels
- Soft leather trim around collar and cuffs
- Dropped back and pre-curved sleeves
Size & Fit
Delivery & Returns
Stock availability information can be found just under size selection, or just under the 'Add to basket' button.Orders placed before 12pm GMT (Monday to Friday) are processed the same day and shipped subject to the stock availability indicated on the product page.Please refer to the Basket page when in doubt about shipping costs.
England, Wales, Mainland Scotland (exc. Highlands)
We ship via DPD Local and Royal Mail Tracked.
All orders over £50 qualify for a FREE shipping option.
All orders over £50 benefit from FREE returns via Collect+
Off Shore (N. Ireland, R. Ireland, Highlands, etc)
48 hour DHL Tracked from £14.99
Magazines / Calendars Royal Mail International £4.65
1 - 5 days DHL Tracked £10 flat rate
USA & Canada
Magazines/Calendar Royal Mail International £4.00
Small Items 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £9.99
Clothing Parcel 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £14.99
Helmet Parcel 2 - 3 days Fed Ex £24.99
Rest of the World
Magazines / Calendars £6.80 - £7.20
Rates for other items are calculated on the basket page based on weight. We ship via Royal Mail International and DHL Express Worldwide
Please select your currency from the list below for up to date prices, tax and shipping rates.
If you local currency isn't listed, please select the most appropriate and choose your shipping destination at checkout.